- Reduction of fats and inclusion of proteins- Almonds are good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. It helps in increasing HDL (high density lipoproteins) and at the same time reducing LDL (low density proteins).
- Keeps skin healthy- It helps in keeping dermatological problems away, thus helping children get rid of dry skin problems.
- Brain Development- Ribofalvin and L-carnitine are two vital elements of almonds that will make a child’s brain development rapid. It also contains phenylalanine, a brain-boosting chemical that aids our cognitive functions.
- Almonds are loaded with antioxidants.
- Storehouse of vitamins and carbohydrates- It also contains high amount of phosphorous and Vitamin E that helps in proper nourishment of children. Almonds are among the world's best sources of Vitamin E.
- All rounder- It serves as an all rounder nut, which helps boosting immune and making bones strong, so if a kid doesn’t like drinking milk, a handful of almonds will surely makeup!
- Helps in brain development- Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help improve memory and focus. Omega-3 fatty acids coupled with iodine and selenium ensure optimum functioning of the brain.
- Regulates sleep- This nut makes melatonin, a hormone that helps induce and regulate sleep, and is present in the bio-available form in them.
- Omega 3 and 6- Walnuts are great source of omega-3 and omega-6 which are absent in a vegetarian diet.
- Powerhouse of energy- Good source of energy as magnesium and Vitamin B are present which help children feel energetic.
- Boost Bone Health -Essential fatty acids in walnuts, secure the bone health of the body. They increase calcium absorption and deposition while reducing urinary calcium excretion.
- Walnuts rank second in the list of ‘antioxidant-rich’ foods after blackberries. This helps in building a strong immune system,
- Helps cleaning digestive system - This super food helps to clean the internal digestive tract, aiding in detoxification by removal of toxins and waste.
- Skin and all senses keep healthy- Keeps tender skin soft and growing hair strong. Vitamin B and magnesium help in keeping the children energetic all day long. So some walnuts along the way, will keep your child energetic all day!
- A healthy heart’s friend- It helps in maintaining healthy heart as it contains polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat and low in unhealthier unsaturated fats.
- Low in natural sugar- Hazelnuts are a healthy snack because they don't contain cholesterol or sodium and are low in natural sugar.
- Brain Development- Since it contains high levels of Vitamin E, Thiamine , Fatty acid, Folate and manganese it is proven to help in brain development.
- It contains oleic acid which reduces inflammation and may even have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
- The omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids in hazelnuts are important components of cell membranes and are involved in the regulation of inflammation and prevention of hypertension.
- The insoluble type of fiber in hazelnuts has many health benefits beyond the health of your digestive system. Fiber can help you maintain a healthy weight by making you feel fuller so you eat less.
- Dietary fiber, also known as bulk or roughage, is important to encourage regular bowel movements.
- Hazelnuts are also a good source of Vitamin B, especially thiamine — for proper nerve, muscle and heart function
- Hazelnuts also contain vitamin K, for blood clotting, and vitamin C, an antioxidant important for your immune system . Antioxidants are principal players in protecting your body from oxidative stress which is linked to aging and chronic disease. The most abundant antioxidants in hazelnuts are phenolic compounds.
- It helps in weight loss maintenance.- It contains Manganese which helps in improving digestive enzymes. Hazelnuts is a good source of Thiamine which helps in converting carbs into glucose and boost metabolism.
- Helps to manage diabetes- It contains magnesium which has been proven to reduce the risk for diabetes.
- Storehouse of nutrients- Macadamia contains antioxidants like polyphenols, Amino acids, flavones, and selenium. It is also a good source of carbohydrates like sucrose, fructose, glucose, maltose, and some starch-based carbohydrates. They also help lower heart disease risk and improve blood sugar levels
- Prevents cancer- Macadamia nuts contain a type of vitamin E called tocotrienols. Macadamia nuts also contain plant compounds called flavonoids, which can fight cancer by destroying damaging free radicals in the body.
- Keeps the brain healthy- Aside from their potential ability to fight cancer, tocotrienols also have brain-protecting effects.Macadamia nuts and their oil are some of the richest sources of palmitoleic acid, a monounsaturated fat also called omega-7.One fatty acid in particular helps protect your brain: palmitoleic acid. Palmitoleic acid is an omega–7 fatty acid — incredibly rare, but amazingly healthy. It contains oleic acid which is the same healthy fat found in olive oil. This acid keeps the blood pressure low and prevents stroke, thereby preserving brain health.
- Improves Bone Health- Macadamia nuts are good sources of calcium, magnesium, and potassium – the three minerals that help prevent bone demineralization. And they are low in sodium too, which only makes things better.The phosphorus in the nuts promotes mineralization of teeth and bones
- Helps in losing weight- Dietary fiber in macadamia nuts can help increase satiety by binding to water, making you feel full. Dietary fiber has been shown to increase feelings of satiety aiding in weight loss. Secondly, healthy fats reduce inflammation, one of the biggest contributors to weight gain.
- Also, the omega-9 found in this nut helps improve mood.
- Skin and tresses’ best friend- The essential fatty acids in macadamia nuts play a role in skin health. The palmitoleic acid, once again, comes to the rescue here. It treats dry hair and strengthens the hair roots.
- Digestive Health- The fiber contained in pecans promotes colon health and facilitates regular bowel movements. It enables the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency by cleaning out the gastrointestinal system
- Bone and Teeth Health: Phosphorus is one of the most abundant minerals in the body after calcium. Nearly 85% of phosphorus is found in bones and teeth while the other 15% is found in cells and tissues. Besides cleansing the waste from the body, phosphorus, along with calcium, promotes the health of your bones and teeth. This mineral is also vital for the growth and repair of cells and tissues as well as production of DNA and RNA.
- Helps maintain clear complexion: Pecans contain zinc which helps in maintaining skin health by guarding against infections. Vitamin A on the other hand is an antioxidant which gives you a clear complexion.
- Stimulates hair growth: Pecans are an excellent source of L-arginine, an amino acid which, when applied topically helps treat male pattern baldness as well as encourage the growth of healthy hair. Vibrant blood flow throughout the body and to the hair roots is vital for healthy hair growth and scalp.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits- Pecans are rich in magnesium which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. Studies have proved that increased magnesium intake reduces inflammatory indicators in the body such as CRP (C-reactive protein), TNF (tumor necrosis factor alpha) and IL6 (interlukin 6).
- Helps maintaining cardiovascular health- Pecans are rich in fiber which boosts the health of your heart by reducing the risk of coronary heart disease and preventing some forms of cancer. It also contains monounsaturated fats like oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants that are healthy for your heart and help prevent coronary artery disease and strokes.
- Anti-cancer properties- Pecans are rich in phytochemical substances such as polyphenolic antioxidant ellagic acid, vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein and zea-xanthin. These compounds play an important role in removing toxic oxygen-free radicals, thus protecting your body from diseases, cancer and infections.
- Pecans Are a Plant-Based Source of Protein therefore provides carbohydrates in good amount.
- Pecans as a source of Thiamin- Thiamin, also known as vitamin B1, is one of the B complex vitamins. Although all of the B complex vitamins play a role in energy metabolism, thiamin is particularly important in this regard (Office of Dietary Supplements, 2016). It helps your cells grow, develop, and divide, ensuring proper cellular health. Failing to get enough thiamin can negatively impact your metabolism and lead to certain neurological problems.
- Stress relieving nuts- Brazil nuts are great source of Selenium. Selenium is a trace mineral which is extremely vital for the body as it has strong antioxidant power, fights free radicals and soothes inflammation, thus boosting overall health. It also acts in producing the thyroid hormone. Selenium assists thyroid function by converting the inactive T4 (thyroid hormone) into the active T3 form.
- Healthy thyroid function = healthy metabolism . These nuts also help fight liver cancer and reduce the risk of skin cancer. They also lower cholesterol levels and stave off depression and anxiety.
- Improve heart health- These nuts are anti-inflammatory and because they are rich in selenium that contains antioxidants, Brazilian nuts give glowing skin. They also help children develop red blood cells, chiefly due to their abundance of Vitamin E. Vitamin E also helps the heart develop better
- Powerhouse of vitamins- Brazil nuts are an excellent source of several B-vitamins, which range in functions from improving brain health to boosting the metabolism.
- Enhances Bone & Dental Health- Brazil nuts are rich in copper and phosphorous. They, thus help to improve the dental health. The phosphorus and copper also help to enhance the bone health.
- Aids in Digestion- Brazil nuts contain both soluble and insoluble fibers. The soluble fibers pass quickly through the digestive tract and help to stay healthy. However, the insoluble fibers help in the proper movement of bowel.
- Helps in Weight Loss- The nuts are loaded with amino acids, arginine being one of them. Arginine can thus help to promote weight loss. Arginine boosts up your energy and helps you to burn up your energy. This will help you in losing weight.
- Beneficial for adolescents- Older children entering puberty can also benefit from taking Brazil nuts as they can get rid of acne and other skin blemishes. Like almonds and pine nuts, Brazil nuts do not contain gluten protein.
- Maintain digestive health- Healthy digestion is a sign of a healthy body. Giving attention to digestive health is crucial. One way is by add enough fiber in the diet. Sunflower seeds contain many fibers that are good for digestion.
- Calms the brain- Sunflower seeds helping in calming kids’ mind. Tryptophan substances in sunflower play a role in this regard. Tryptophan is an amino acid that helps in producing serotonin and melatonin. These hormones are exquisite at making your child’s sleeping into a restful and comfortable. Promote Sleep- Along with factors like stress and your sleeping environment, diet also determines whether you get a good night’s sleep. Tryptophan, the amino acid that plays a role in the synthesis of serotonin, is particularly important for promoting sleep. That’s because your body converts serotonin into melatonin, the hormone that regulates sleep, at night.
- Contain many amino acids- Sunflower seeds contain many amino acids that are beneficial to health, such as histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine. It is an amino acid, because the body can not produce it naturally, but requires the supply of food. Sunflower seeds contain all the essential amino acids that are beneficial for muscle growth and metabolism.
- Anti-inflammatory properties- Sunflower seeds famous with vitamin E, and vitamin E are anti-inflammatory as well as important in preventing asthma, bronchitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, flu, and cough.
- Bone development: Sunflower seeds are high in magnesium, a mineral which has a great role to play in bone development apart from calcium. While there is more and more focus on the intake of calcium, the intake of calcium should be well balanced with that of magnesium because magnesium helps in reducing the ill-effects of excess calcium in the body. A thumb rule of 2:1 ratio of calcium and magnesium daily intake needs to be followed.
- Improves Mood - Proteins are made up of amino acids and the protein in sunflower seeds contains an important acid known as tryptophan which can help improve your mood. Your body uses this amino acid to make serotonin, a neurotransmitter which is involved in the regulation of mood.
- Helps in losing weight- Tryptophan, in sunflower seeds, helps to regulate appetite – when we are satiated with this amino acid we don’t crave carbohydrates.17 Sunflower seeds also contain chlorogenic acid and some evidence suggests that this component can be helpful in inducing weight loss.
- Benefits your Hair- Biotin, a B vitamin that’s needed to metabolize fats, carbohydrates, and protein is found in these seeds. There is some evidence that biotin can help improve the condition of your hair, which is made of protein.
- Good for brain development: Pumpkin seeds are a great source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids are highly recommended for kids because of the brain development. Brain development in children is as essential as the development of the rest of the body.
- Presence of zinc: Pumpkin seeds are also high in zinc, a mineral which helps in boosting the brain function and improving the immune system.
- Rich in potassium: Pumpkin seeds are rich in potassium. Potassium basically acts as an electrolyte and it is less harmful than its cousin, sodium which is also an electrolyte. In most of our diets and also in our children’s diets, the presence of potassium is becoming very less and the presence of sodium is increasing rapidly.
- Rich in phosphorus: Phosphorus is another mineral which is found in high amounts in pumpkin seeds. Phosphorus offers numerous benefits such as bone formation, helps in repairing cells, regularizes chemical reactions in the body and helps in optimum utilization of nutrients.
- Helps to get sound sleep: Pumpkin seeds are high in tryptophan. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid which helps in producing serotonin and this in turn gets converted into melatonin. And this is hormone helps in getting better sleep.
- Antimicrobial properties: Pumpkin seeds also possess antimicrobial properties. Studies have shown that pumpkin seeds are effective in controlling bacteria such as S. aureus , Bacillus subtillus , E. coli and P. aerugenosa.
- Improved urodynamics: Traditionally, pumpkin seeds have been used by native Americans for regulating passage of urine. Recent studies have confirmed this traditional usage. A study showed that pumpkin seed oil can reduce bladder pressure, increase bladder compliance and reduce urethral pressure.
- Bone health- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of magnesium, which is important for bone formation. High magnesium intake is associated with a greater bone density
- Heart and liver health - Pumpkin seeds contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber. This combination has benefits for both the heart and liver. The fiber in pumpkin seeds helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Skin health- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of squalene, an antioxidant compound that is similar to beta-carotene. Squalene occurs throughout all body tissues, and it appears to play a role in protecting the skin during UV and other types of radiation exposure.